Feeling mentally healthy is a state of well-being in which we are able to realise our own potential, cope with the daily stresses of life, work productively and make a valuable contribution to the communities in which we live and work.
If you are an employer concerned to maintain optimum workplace health, some of the following facts relating to personal anxiety and mental well-being could well surprise you:
Did you know…?
- Anxiety and worry are natural and controllable.
- A small amount of anxiety can be good for us as it signals that we need to take action and guides us to behave in a way that is in our best interests.
- You can reduce stress levels by evaluating how much the issue you are facing really matters.
- Learning to express yourself more assertively can help prevent negative feelings and emotions building up inside you.
- Dealing with problems bit by bit can really help to keep stress levels low.
- Putting yourself first isn’t selfish, self-indulgent or unnecessary.
- Regular exercise can have as much effect on mental wellbeing as taking antidepressants.
- Diet has a strong influence on mental health. It’s important to eat vegetables, oily fish and wholegrains, for example, while avoiding alcohol, caffeine and sugar.
- Having fun is an essential part of reducing stress and anxiety.
- If it isn’t managed, anxiety can make you significantly less productive and could even stop you continuing your normal daily routine.
Let us help you focus on workplace healthcare
As an employer, you have a responsibility to ensure that your employees are not under undue pressure. As well as protecting them, this is also important for the business as it will help you get the best out of your employees and reduce sickness absence.
Medigold Health can work closely with your company to spot any potential risks within your business, helping to prevent problems before they arise and to limit the impact of existing problems.
We aim to ensure that your staff members are fit and healthy, and that their mental health is not negatively affected by their work, which is why our proven health screening and well-being programmes are extremely popular.