The Royal College of Psychiatrists has reported that 20% of people feel unusually tired and that 10% have prolonged fatigue. They also found that two-thirds of people feel they get less sleep now than they did a few years ago. Feeling tired all the time (TATT) is considered one of the biggest threats to individual performance, both at work and at home.
The Business Athlete campaign
Medigold Health’s Business Athlete campaign is designed to tackle this problem head on. The aim is to:
- Engage staff through a promotional programme used to recruit participants
- Resource employees through energy-boosting seminars and one-to-one lifestyle screening
- Challenge workers through a 12-week energy improvement programme involving eight daily energy rituals
- Support participants by giving them access to Medigold’s wellbeing resources website and unlimited email coaching support from our health coach team
- Evaluate change and performance through our electronic behaviour change survey
Does it work?
The Business Athlete campaign has proved to be extremely effective in terms of workplace health for the companies that have implemented it. Significant levels of behaviour change were reported following a recent campaign, which showed that:
- 86% of participants experienced a surge in energy levels and 80% were satisfied with their progress
- 71% felt more engaged at work; 64% felt more resilient in the face of pressure and problems; 73% reported feeling better; and 55% reported feeling fitter
- 100% of respondents said they intended to maintain or improve their daily energy rituals
Medigold Health is an expert in workplace health, which is why the Business Athlete campaign is so successful. Its health surveillance programmes are effective because they involve simple changes that bring about lasting change. Workers who are able to improve sleep habits, eat more healthily and take regular exercise are likely to perform better and become ill less frequently.